Content Design Producer, Apple Podcasts
A full time position at Apple, Cupertino CA, USA
Posted: Oct 7, 2020
We are currently seeking a Senior Design Producer to join Apple’s Product and Design Team and focus on Apple Podcasts. This is an opportunity for the right individual to have a direct impact on a team that will help define the future of Apple’s core media products through thoughtful and innovative content initiatives.
A bit about you
The right candidate will have experience leading all aspects of projects and initiatives as a Sr. Creative Producer or Design Producer, with ability to develop strategic production plans, support multiple projects simultaneously, deliver on time, and relentlessly uphold our creative vision. Your project management practices are proven and entrepreneurial ingenuity are important to you and the work.
You are highly organized. You are proactive, self-motivated and adaptable. You can think strategically, creatively, but also tactically and solve problems independently. You can ‘see around the corner’ and identify communication, logistical, and scheduling challenges. You have a disciplined approach to managing your projects, but maintain the flexibility to work both tactically and strategically when adjustments are required. You can be effective and pro-active in day to day tasks and from a ’30,000ft view’ simultaneously.
We are looking for someone with experience working in partnership with senior creative teams to put shape to big ideas, and know-how to bring them to life. Familiarity with content planning and effective resource management are key, as well as understanding the impact of production decisions on both creative output and your cross functional partner’s businesses. Ideal candidates excel at setting expectations, leading with confidence, and have the ability to identify and articulate alternative solutions when changes arise. You care deeply about your work, and you understand the “why.”
- Proven experience (8+YOE) acting as acting a Producer or Senior Producer in an advertising agency or internal creative teams, developing and leading: large scale projects, project briefs, budgets, schedules and assets.
- Expertise in content creation and production processes; ideally within a subscription services business model.
- You are tactical with careful attention to detail, but able to think more holistically about opportunities for efficiency and team structure.
- Experience articulating creative intent to others and proactively organizing partners to put ideas into action.
- You are comfortable and confident working in a dynamic environment, partnering with teams to move through the unknown.
This role oversees key brand and design initiatives for Apple Podcasts, leading the end-to-end design creation processes from conceptual development and brief creation, through production and delivery. You will partner closely with Design and Production leadership, as well as with cross-functional teams to develop brand creative that builds on the foundation of Apple Podcasts.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with Business, Editorial, and Cross-Functional counterparts, maintaining clear communications and shared goals.
- Plan and lead communications and workflows, ensuring overall project timelines, project deliverables, and resourcing needs.
- Develop high-level, highly detailed, overarching project plans for high-profile initiatives, clearly defining strategic goals, timelines, and results.
- Run multiple work-streams under a common initiative, managing achievements and touchpoint to ensure all efforts remain aligned and unified.
- Work closely with Production and Design leadership to prioritize ongoing initiatives, resources, and create project assignments.
- Partner with production leadership and peers in developing and improving strategies for project tracking and communication, optimizing workflows.
- Handle day-to-day critical issues and troubleshooting of production challenges.
- Lead end-to-end production process, from up-stream initiative development and strategic ideation, to down-stream production processes and resources for platform publishing.
- Foster relationships with other functional teams to ensure that we’re delivering against asks while encouraging an environment that allows for innovation.
Education & Experience
BA/BS or equivalent experience.
This job has expired
We’re sorry, but this job post has now expired, and you cannot apply for it any longer.
Go to our front page to see current jobs.