Audio AP/Creative Executive
A full time position at Animal Kingdom, Brooklyn NY, USA
Posted: Jan 24, 2020
About this Role: Animal Kingdom, a Brooklyn-based multimedia production company, is looking for a Creative Executive / Associate Producer to support the Head of Audio. The bulk of the responsibilities will be in developing original audio projects, identifying and building relationships with talent, and managing the day-to-day operations of the audio department, which will include oversight of internal communications and administrative tasks. We are looking for someone with audio production experience, a genuine interest in working in podcast development and production, a passion for narrative storytelling across media, and excitement at the prospect of working in a start-up environment. The role is based in Brooklyn, New York.
- Sourcing new concepts & talent for original audio projects, across multiple genres & formats.
- Organizing & prioritizing incoming submissions with an eye toward AK’s content programming strategy.
- Managing Audio Update Meeting agendas & maintaining development & production reports as required to keep Audio team on task & projects moving forward.
- Managing information flow & editorial integrity during all phases of development, from conception to production.
- Tracking projects in development to ensure they deliver on editorial expectations.
- Working with partners to outline projects, refine concepts, plan production, secure financing / distribution, and represent Animal Kingdom’s interests in the promotion & distribution of projects.
- Coordinating production on all Animal Kingdom original audio projects (which includes but is not limited to production scheduling, logging tape, giving notes on edits, supervising freelance producers, etc.).
- Cultivating & maintaining relationships in the audio production community.
- Acting as liaison between AK Audio and other AK production departments to ensure constant communication on development status updates.
- Interfacing with legal team & supporting deal negotiations.
- Managing the Audio Department’s day-to-day operations & internal communications by recording & tracking project updates, industry news, relationship network, etc.
- Providing administrative support by scheduling meetings, managing departmental expenses, etc.
- A passion for podcasts. At least two years of audio production, production company, studio, or agency experience.
- Extraordinary organization skills & superlative attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities, pivot quickly, think practically & be solution-oriented.
- Meticulous writing, proofing & presentation skills.
- An eagerness to build strong relationships, internally & externally.
- Excitement about working across a wide range of genres & formats.
- Experience giving notes to creators on materials (outlines, pitches, scripts, rough cuts, promos, etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and/or Airtable.
- Available nights and weekends on occasion, depending on production needs.
Interested parties should email their resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line containing “Audio Applicant” & their name.