Senior User Researcher – Podcaster Mission
A full time position at Anchor, New York NY, USA
Posted: Nov 10, 2020
About the Podcaster mission
Spotify is a global community of over 250 million music fans and artists, and now podcasters. It’s always been our mission to make audio more accessible, and create a new and wonderful way for creators and fans to connect with each other.
The Podcaster Mission is the team within Spotify responsible for building tools for podcast creators. We have two platforms that help us do that: Anchor (the biggest podcasting platform in the world, which allows you to create, distribute, monetize, and grow a podcast, all for free) and Spotify for Podcasters (the platform that makes it easy to understand and engage with your listeners on Spotify).
We’ve done a lot already, and we have no plans of slowing down. Come help us build the future of podcasting!
About the Team
The Podcaster Insights & Growth team owns all data and research required to understand the needs and behaviors of the 1.5M+ podcasters on Spotify. We’re a scrappy group focused on impact above all else.
As the lead user researcher on our team, you’ll serve as the primary voice of podcast creators in critical product, design, and marketing decisions.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of user researchers, data scientists, product managers, designers, marketers, and engineers who are passionate about building products to help creators and their teams succeed.
- Gain a deep understanding of how products and platforms influence user behavior, and represent the voice of our users in the product development process.
- Drive an insights agenda, executing research diligently and inventively. You will identify impactful opportunities for product development based on user needs.
- Be a strategic partner to product development teams by delivering insights that inform the problems we choose to seek and shape the future of our roadmaps.
- Exercise your thought leadership and become a go-to specialist for user research in the creator space.
- Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, enabling our product teams to focus on fulfilling the right needs of creators & their teams.
- Employ a wide range of storytelling techniques to communicate results and recommendations to product and design teams.
Who you are
- You have a sense of humor
- You have proven experience in user research, with significant expertise in either exploratory qualitative research to identify needs and problems or workflow and task analysis (or both!).
- You hold a degree in Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field, and/or relevant professional experience.
- You are comfortable with planning, prioritizing, conducting, analyzing and communicating research in a variety of contexts.
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, utilizing metrics and A/B tests, and able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative data.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and can easily connect with your partners in product, tech, business, and design.
- You are a dedicated advocate of a user-centered, evidence-based approach to product development while balancing business needs.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.