Growth Associate- Podcaster Mission
A full time position at Anchor, New York NY, USA
Posted: Mar 25, 2020
About the Podcaster mission
We’re democratizing audio by making it possible for anyone, anywhere, to get their voice heard. The Podcaster team is:
– Building the biggest podcasting platform in the world. The Anchor platform now powers more podcasts than any other platform, and over 40% of all new podcasts created in the world!
– Giving any podcaster the opportunity to make money from their show
– Loved and adored: see what our users say
– An independent division within Spotify, so we have the ability to move fast combined with the resources of the world’s most forward-thinking audio company.
Come help us build the future of podcasting!
What you’ll do
We are looking for a passionate, analytical thinker to drive growth strategy for Spotify’s podcaster products (Anchor and Spotify for Podcasters). As the first member of our growth team, you’ll be responsible for designing tactics to reach our aggressive goals and working cross-functionally with our marketing, product and creator teams to execute them.
This role reports into our Head of Growth & Insights. In this role, you will:
Design a sustainable growth strategy for both Anchor and Spotify for Podcasters by developing hypotheses, executing in-depth analyses and translating data into insights
Define the Mission’s topline KPIs and monitor progress towards these aggressive goals
Work with the Marketing team to define, and assess the effectiveness of digital media strategy
Work with the Product and Creator teams to design, develop and implement growth loops in Anchor and Spotify for Podcasters
Work directly with the Head of the Podcaster Mission and the Head of Growth on special projects and strategic initiatives
Who you are
- You have 2-5 years experience in management consulting, investment banking, business operations, or business analytics
- You are analytical and data-driven — you can define KPIs and measure progress/success for your initiatives
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business (sales, product, marketing etc.) and and know how to influence and manage a large list of stakeholders with conflicting and competing priorities
- You are creative in all the right ways. You’re bursting with unconventional ideas, and not afraid to give them all a try… but you also know how to balance those fun ideas with reality, resources, and business needsYou are all about execution.
- You have a proven ability to efficiently and confidently execute, deliver, and iterate
- You have a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriouslyYou are a fan of podcasts! Bonus points if you’ve worked with audio in the past, whether professionally or as a personal project (podcasting, music discovery/recommendations, etc)
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.
Get more details