Posted here: · Expires:
A project or contract position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at American Public Media.
Let’s just say it how it is: the world is a dumpster fire and the aftermath of 2020 (and current day of 2021!) has us all running around with smoke in our hair. None of us want more bad news, so APM Studios is planning a new show for 2022 that’s focused on joy - specifically Black joy.
We’re looking for a senior producer to lead this weekly show at a time when we all need something to laugh and smile about. You’ll appreciate popular culture, keep up with the news, enjoy working with a creative team, and get excited about exploring ways to engage the audience and build community.
Here's a taste of what you'll be doing:
- Developing the show sound and brand for launch; segments, musical identity, guest ideas. You will also be involved in brainstorming the visual identity of the show along with colleagues in marketing at APM Studios.
- Assist in the hiring and onboarding of a Producer or Associate Producer and other team. members as needed
- Create and document show production processes; update show production guide as needed.
- Lead ideation and concept brainstorming for episode segments.
- Maintain show calendar, oversee editorial planning and communicate with wider APM Studios on upcoming guests and show segments.
- Manage workload and set expectations of Producer or Associate Producer.
- Liaise with social, marketing and sponsorship teams on potential opportunities for partnerships and amplification of show content.
- Oversee scripts and show prep to maintain the editorial integrity of the show.
- Talent management: Be the higher level liaison for the hosts should issues arise.
- With producer, lay-up show with interviews, music, archive and any sound design.
- Review mix for any issues.
- Gather and implement feedback notes before final pass.
- Send mix to technical director for final pass. Review the final mix and make any necessary fixes before episode upload.
- Confirm successful upload of episodes and troubleshoot any problems.
- Monitor social media and audience feedback channels. Flag anything that needs attention, and think about how listener ideas can be added to the show.
Interested? Apply by filling out this form or copy and paste the link below in your browser.
Please list “Senior Producer - A Show About Joy” when prompted to list the position you’re applying for.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
See 4 jobs at American Public Media