Associate Producer - Culinary Podcast
A project or contract position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at American Public Media.
APM Studios is hiring a part-time and project-based contract Producer or Associate Producer (based on experience level) for a food and culture podcast. We’re looking for someone who can work well on a small team, is extremely self-motivated, has good ideas and isn’t afraid to share them, and loves audio storytelling, and thinks about it in an interesting way. The AP/Producer will help us research and produce audio and digital content for a current non-fiction culinary-related podcast. The work of the AP/Producer includes scouting stories, chefs, and recipes, conducting research and pre-interviews, using transcription software, correcting transcripts, and creating a rough audio mix and script after consultation with the Producer.
- Conducts research to find relevant chefs with interesting backgrounds and recipes
- Contributes ideas about story structure and production
- Helps brainstorm and execute ideas about additional digital and podcast content
- Runs audio through transcription software and corrects transcripts
- Performs various administrative tasks, including booking and scheduling interviews
- Other duties as assigned
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated journalism, multimedia, and/or podcasting experience.
- Basic Pro Tools knowledge.
- Experience in restaurant kitchens or with chefs
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 or more years of relevant work experience or internship in journalism
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- The candidate should have experience using audio editing software, preferably Pro Tools (but this is not primarily an audio editor job and is not a sound design job)
- The candidate must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines consistently, and communicate clearly with supervisors.
- The candidate must have strong research skills and the ability to think creatively about how to dig up archival materials, find sources, and track down data and people for interviews.
- Keen ear and ability to think creatively about audio
- Ability to write well and work independently.
- Demonstrated interest in and familiarity with podcasts.
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of culinary and food topics.
- Ability to manage time and task load independently.
- Ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Candidate must be able to type and work on PC-based programs like Windows XP, Word, and Excel, and must possess general computer skills, including Internet research.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
- Physical Demands: Required to move about in an office or home environment and sit for extended periods of time Required to move about in the community Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
- Working Conditions: Moderate noise level
Send resume and a short statement about the genre, subject matter, and types of podcasts you are most interested in working on to firstname.lastname@example.org and put FOOD ASSOCIATE PRODUCER in the subject line.
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
See 4 jobs at American Public Media