Podcast Publicist, Freelance Consultant
Posted here: · Expires:
A project or contract position at Acast, Sydney NSW, Australia
Acast was founded in 2014 and is one of the most eminent podcast platforms, and a pioneer in the open podcast ecosystem, connecting all podcasting stakeholders to one common software infrastructure.
Through its infrastructure, Acast allows advertisers to efficiently target an engaged audience of listeners through dynamic ad insertion, while podcasters are given access to a range of monetization opportunities and the necessary tools to expand their listener base.
The company has a global footprint across 12 countries and, during 2020, had approximately three billion listens on Acast-connected podcasts. Today, Acast hosts more than 35,000 shows. Acast’s headquarters are located in Stockholm, Sweden and the Company has 12 local subsidiaries including UK, US, Australia, Norway, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico and Canada.
We have a new opportunity for an experienced and passionate Publicist to oversee the publicity of Acast podcasts on a freelance basis (negotiable amount of hours) - responsible for gaining consistent, positive media attention and coverage to drive listeners - inclusive of our podcasters and their shows, reaching a consumer audience. You will work closely with the global Marcomms team and the local Content team to plan, create and execute activity based on current needs and priorities. This role is ideal for someone with an excellent track record as a consultant, and the ability to work efficiently and effectively.
The ideal experience includes
- Significant experience in an agency role with with a strong track record and media contacts in men’s/ women’s consumer lifestyle, arts, and/or entertainment
- Exceptionally good communication skills
- Creative and enthusiastic attitude
- A natural self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Fluency in English is a must
- A passion for podcasts is a must!
- Conduct proactive media outreach on behalf of Acast podcasters and podcasts
- Provide ideas/ themes and inform Acast of topics/ content for upcoming pitches to media
- Strategic and specific planning for a select number of podcasts
- Generate a calendar of upcoming significant dates/ themes, helping Acast to plan ahead
- Secure consistent, positive media coverage in online/print/broadcast
- Work with and report to Acast teams of Marcomms and Content
- Build and maintain good relationships with podcasters (where required)
- Ensure consistency and standards across all work
- Reporting as outlined in the terms of service
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
See 3 jobs at Acast