Posted here: · Expires:
A project or contract position at Acast, Sydney NSW, Australia
About the Role This is a fantastic opportunity for a person that shows a real passion for podcasts, and has demonstrable skills and/or experience in marketing and PR. You’ll be joining our fast-growing global marketing team, with the position in our Sydney office.
You will work closely with the PR & Marketing Manager, supporting them across all marketing and PR activity for the Acast brand in Australia and New Zealand. Including supporting marketing campaigns across all channels, assisting with Acast and industry events, supporting Acast’s PR activity, and managing Acast’s external newsletters to journalists and agencies.
You need to be passionate about podcasts, have a good understanding of the media industry, and be able to juggle multiple projects at once. You need to be proactive, organized, creative and able to be a great ambassador for Acast and our podcasts. The role would suit a junior marketing person with experience of working at either an agency, brand or similar environment with previous experience in PR, marketing or events.
- Monitor Acast media coverage and report results to the wider team
- Monitor media coverage on the podcast and media industry, as well as competitors,
- reporting to wider teams for awareness or proactive PR opportunities
- Creating and maintaining media lists and using media databases to research journalists
- Track and measure PR metrics and success
- Maintain and update PR assets and product information
- Help coordinate press interviews, photo/video shoots and demos with spokespeople where necessary
- Manage Acast AU/NZ monthly agency newsletter, collating content from the Content and Sales team, and executing the campaigns via MailChimp
- Support on marketing campaigns or initiatives - internal or external - as required, for example paid social media campaigns, OOH campaigns, managing marketing partnerships, and creating content
- Managing marketing material and collateral such as merchandise, biographies, assets etc
- Support the Australian team on executing owned Acast events, both internal and external. Examples could be agency activations, attending trade events, putting together education panels, hosting live podcast events, etc
- Manage a calendar of events for the Aus team to sponsor or speak at and facilitate process of participating in those events
Skills and experience required
- 2+ years experience working in a similar role, with demonstrated experience in marketing
- First-class communication skills, both written and verbal A flair for writing all kinds of content; articles, briefings, internal documents, copywriting, etc.
- You’re hot on spelling, grammar and proofreading
- Must have fantastic organizational skills, with the ability to stay on top of multiple projects at onceIdeas-driven and creative-minded, able to produce proactive ideas with and for the wider team that can positively impact the business
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with external and internal contacts, and deal with all levels of employees and contacts in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner
- A digital-native, able to quickly pick up or experience with platforms or apps such as MailChimp, Monday.com, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Keynote, Slack etc.
- Must have very strong project management and decision-making skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
- Must work well both independently and as part of a team, collaborating with teams across the global business on projects, launches and announcements
- To have experience within the creative/media/advertising industry is advantageous
- Experience with running paid social media and digital marketing campaigns is advantageous
- Experience in managing events previously is desirable.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!
Get more details
Please mention podjobs.net in your application.
See 3 jobs at Acast