Posted here: · Expires:
A full time Sales Representative position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Acast.
Acast was founded in 2014 and is the world’s largest independent podcast company. A pioneer in the open podcast ecosystem, Acast’s powerful podcast monetization marketplace delivers for creators and advertisers alike. Advertisers can efficiently target an engaged audience of listeners through dynamic ad insertion, while podcasters are given access to a range of monetization opportunities — including paid subscriptions through Acast+ — and the necessary tools to expand their listener base. If you listen to a podcast hosted with Acast and hear an ad, it’s Acast delivering that audio behind the scenes— and sharing revenue with the podcaster.
The company has a global footprint across 12 countries and, during 2021, had 3.75 billion listens on Acast-connected podcasts. Today, Acast hosts 40,000 shows. Acast’s headquarters are located in Stockholm,
Sweden and the Company has nine local subsidiaries in the UK, US, Australia, Norway, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico and Canada.
About the role We are looking for a driven and passionate Account Executive to join our Sales & Brand Partnerships Team, focusing on servicing the highly important Client Direct side of the Acast Marketplace. We are looking for a confident & driven individual to help manage the vast array of new business opportunities that exist in the rapidly emerging podcast space, working with brands directly and spear-heading our virtual Storefront offering, which is an increasingly valuable source of revenue, as well as prospecting and lead generation. This role is ideal for a proven salesperson, ideally with an established track record of success selling audio to brands as well as some independent agencies, someone who has a deep passion for podcasts, has experience in a fast-moving media environment, and displays confidence in presenting and building relationships. This is an amazing opportunity to join a pioneering company, in one of the fastest growing mediums.
What you'll do:
- Understanding and expertise in pre-sales media planning
- Writing and creating media proposals in excel and powerpoint/keynote.
- Account management and on-going client and content partner communications.
- Post-sales reporting and up-sell
- Prospecting for new and in-coming business opportunities
- Executing the full sales cycle (supported by Group Business Director and Account Managers)
- Drive revenue growth across both brand direct, incoming leads as well as some independent agencies getting into the podcast space.
- Evangelize, educate and sell the Acast Marketplace -- Ads, Sponsorships and Branded Content-- through both direct IO and automated channels.
- Work collaboratively with all facets of the business -- content, marketing, ad ops, finance and legal.
- Collaborate with counterparts in other regions across the Acast global footprint.
Who you are:
- Passionate about Podcasts!
- Ideally selling audio/podcasts right now or experienced in fast-moving media environment
- Familiarity with the programmatic marketplace.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to deliver results in a timely and precise manner.
- An energetic positive attitude and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills
- Team player who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Fluent in PowerPoint/Keynote, Microsoft Office, and Google Workplace apps.
- Experience working with CRM like Netsuite or SalesForce.
Acast is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or any of the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Culture is our number one priority as a business. We believe people come first, and we work every day to enable autonomy, continuous improvement and bring out the best in people. We’re global and have remote teams, so it’s even more important that we strive for an open, inclusive and caring environment where everyone feels visible and welcome. We consider ourselves a modern organization driven by strong values to create the best, most fulfilling and nurturing culture.
We very much look forward to finding the next great person to join our cause!
This job has expired
We’re sorry, but this job post has now expired, and you cannot apply for it any longer.
Go to our front page to see current jobs.
What does a Sales Representative role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Administration says: “The Sales Representative is responsible for monetization of podcast content through managing and selling advertising inventory.”
This exact role may have different requirements.